FHA & VA Requirements for Manufactured Home Foundation Inspections
This is the criteria we look for during our inspection:
- Piers, footings or concrete slab foundation of sufficient size and number to evenly distribute the weight of the manufactured home.
- Anchoring devices or tie-downs, permanently attached to foundation.
- A continuous permanent crawl space perimeter enclosure (skirting), with proper ventilation.
- Vapor barrier beneath the manufactured home, and other measures to prevent water from entering the crawl space, and diversion of surface water from the residence.
- Towing hitch and running gear (including tongues, axles, wheels and lights) must be removed.